Community associations across Chicago and the surrounding suburbs trust Penland & Hartwell to provide guidance on corporate and litigation matters. We understand the unique challenges community associations face, and have built a sophisticated practice dedicated to serving common interest properties and cooperatives.
Penland & Hartwell advises clients on a full spectrum of legal matters. Our services include preparing and interpreting governing documents, reviewing vendor contracts, litigation and collection, and all administrative matters.
Recognized Leaders in the Field
Our attorneys are recognized leaders in their field and frequently deliver presentations to property managers, associations and members of the legal community. We stay at the forefront of legislative and regulatory changes, and use our in-depth knowledge to offer practical, forward-thinking solutions for our clients.
Community Association Law services include:
- Collections, foreclosures and bankruptcies
- Declarations, bylaws, rules and regulations
- Contract review
- Special assessments
- Financing and loan documentation
- ICPA procedures
- Labor and employment issues
- Corporate document review/preparation
- Easement and license agreements
- Commercial and residential leases
- Covenant enforcement/rule violations